Apple CarPlay integrates features and abilities from your apple IPhone onto your Lexus screen. Apple CarPlay offers a hassle free way of sending and receiving messages and calls via Siri. You are also able to receive navigation instructions and view the map from your IPhone on the Lexus screen. Apps are also accessible through CarPlay such as Waze, Spotify and Apple Audio Books. Simply plug in your Apple iPhone and hit the projection icon on your menu screen and you are on your way!
How to connect your Android device to your Lexus vehicle
Tip: Make sure your android phone is running 5.0 Lollipop or higher and you have the Android Auto app installed from GooglePlay. Upon opening the app you will have to agree to the terms and follow the steps on the screen to give Android Auto permission to access your phones features and apps.
- Make sure your vehicle is parked and the parking brake is activated
- Go to set up > Projection settings
- Ensure Android Auto is enabled
- Plug your Android phone into your vehicle using the USB port
- On your main menu screen, you will see an Android Auto icon replace the tile which previously displayed projection. Once you select this icon you will enter into the Android Auto interface. If you did not enable Android Auto in your vehicle settings, you may see a pop up on your vehicle screen when you plug your phone in. The message will ask you whether you would like to connect to Android Auto. If you select OFF, your phone will charge and not connect to Android Auto.